TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Gatton, Lockyer & Brisbane Valley Star – Town Proud Buy Local Competition 2016
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent residents of Queensland and reside in The Gatton Star distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants aged under 18 years must have permission from a parent/legal guardian to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The promoter of the Competition is The Gatton Star Pty Ltd, 2/45 North Street, Gatton Queensland 4343. ABN 72 009 798 734. Telephone number: 07 5460 2205.
- To enter, contestants must purchase any retail product where the price is no more than the prevailing market value from a registered participating Gatton business (displaying the Gatton Star Town Proud merchandise) during the Promotion Period (see Clause 20, 21) commencing Wednesday November 9, 2016.
- A list of the participating businesses will be published in the Gatton, Lockyer and Brisbane Valley Star newspaper between Wednesday November 9, 2016 and Wednesday December 14, 2016.
Contestants then need to obtain and complete the entry form in full, place the entry in an envelope; then
- Send to: The Gatton Star, 45 North Street, Gatton Qld 4343; or
Place their original entry forms in an envelope and place in the entry barrels provided at:
- Somerset Regional Council Chambers, 2 Redbank Rd. Esk Qld 4312;
- Fernvale Futures Complex, Brisbane Valley Hwy Fernvale Qld 4306;
- Somerset Council Library, Main Street, Lowood, Qld 4311;
- Somerset Library, Gunyah Street, Toogoolawah Qld 4313;
- Nielsen’s Place, Patrick Street, Laidley Qld 4341;
- Lockyer Valley Library, Lake Apex Drive and Railway St., Gatton Qld 4341.
- One (1) original entry form per standard envelope.
- Cost of delivering or posting entries is the responsibility of the Contestant.
- Contestants must retain their original receipt for validation of their entry in the event they are drawn as a winner.
- If the receipt of purchase from the participating store marked on the entry cannot be produced, this will invalidate the entry and another winner will be drawn at random.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted as part of a valid entry.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however, each Entry Form submitted must be an original.
- Receipts from full or partial lay-bys, bill payments such the payment of credit card bills, gift card purchases, bank transactions, bank fees and charges and service bills (such as gas, electricity, rates and phone bills, medical, rent payments, etc.) are not accepted as part of this Promotion.
- IMPORTANT: Contestants must retain the original receipt for the business they made their purchase from, and the receipt must match the business marked on their entry form for their entry to be valid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant for:
- Tampering with these Terms and Conditions:
- Tampering with the entry process; or
- If the Contestant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to put the fair and proper conduct of the promotion in jeopardy.
- The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- There are six (6) winners chosen via random draw from two (2) draws (see clause 24 for draw times and dates of each prize).
- The selected winners must produce their original receipt matching the participating business on their entry form to confirm their entry is valid.
- All entries not deemed the winning entry for each draw will roll over into the next draw. If a contestant have won in any single draw, that contestant must submit a further entry for any subsequent draw to be included in the promotion.
- 1st draw prize: 1 of 3 prizes of $1000.00 Gift Wallets comprising Visa Gift Cards, to be used to purchase goods and services at the prevailing purchase price from any participating Gatton Star 2016 Town Proud business.
- 2nd draw prize: 1 of 3 prizes of $1000.00 Gift Wallets comprising Visa Gift Cards, to be used to purchase goods and services at the prevailing purchase price from any participating Gatton Star 2016 Town Proud business.
- Please refer to the Visa card and Visa services for the terms and conditions of use.
- Visa cards and purchases must be used in full by January 31, 2017 with all unused portions being forfeited. No extensions will be granted.
- The total maximum value of the prize pool for this competition is $6,000.00 (inclusive of GST).
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash, exchanged or sold.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
The competition commences on Wednesday November 9, 2016 and closes at 11:00am AEST Wednesday December 14, 2016 (Promotion Period). There are two (2) individual draws as listed:
- 1st draw: Entries for the first three (3) gift wallets of $1,000.00 each close at 11:00am Wednesday November 30, 2016.
- 2nd draw: Entries for the second three (3) gift wallets of $1,000.00 each close at 11:00am Wednesday December 14, 2016.
- Entries received outside the Promotion Period times and dates listed will be deemed invalid.
28. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition.
ii) Employees of, or owners to, the registered participating businesses as far as they are directly associated with this competition including Foundation Sponsors and their families and Supporting Sponsors and their families.
iii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household).
iv) Any contestant found to have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
29. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
30. There is two (2) draw dates.
- The prize winners will be selected by random draw at the Somerset Regional Council Chambers by The Gatton Star, 2 Redbank Street, Esk Qld on Wednesday November 30, 2016 at 4:00pm AEST.
- The prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification of entry and receipt.
- The winner’s details will be published in the Gatton, Lockyer and Brisbane Valley Star Wednesday December 7, 2016.
- The prize winners will be selected by random draw at the Gatton Christmas Carnival, North Street, Gatton on Friday December 16, 2016 at 7:30pm AEST.
- The prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification of entry and receipt.
- Winner’s details will be published in the Gatton, Lockyer and Brisbane Valley Star December 23, 2016.
31. All winners will be contacted by telephone.
32. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
34. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
35. Any winner must provide Government issued photo identification to confirm the Contestant’s (or parent/legal guardian) identity and residence.
36. The winner must present themselves and their original receipt of purchase to be deemed a valid winning entry.
37. If the winner is under the age of 18 years, a parent/guardian must accompany the winner to collect the prize on their behalf.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to collect their prize.
39. If the initial winners drawn do not present to collect the prize within 90 days from the initial draw, a redraw will take place at The Gatton Star office, 45 North Street, Gatton Qld 4343 as per these terms and conditions. Any redraw winners will be contacted by telephone and must produce their original receipt of purchase to validate their entry.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
40. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
41. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods and/or services offered as prizes.
42. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
43. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
44. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
46. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.