Terms and Conditions: Gatton, Lockyer & Brisbane Valley Star – Town Proud Buy Local Competition
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Method of Entry: Contestants must purchase any retail product at the prevailing usual retail price from a registered participating Town Proud business (displaying the Town Proud merchandise).
A list of participating businesses will appear in the Gatton, Lockyer & Brisbane Valley Star between Wednesday November 11, 2015 and Wednesday December 16, 2015.
Contestants must obtain an original entry form and official tax receipt for their purchase from the registered participating Town Proud business to have a valid entry.
- Contestants must retain their original official purchase receipt for validation if drawn as a winner.
- Entry Forms and receipts must be original.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- Contestants must complete the original entry form including name, address, phone number, name of business, receipt number and date of purchase;
- Place the completed entry in an envelope, addressed to Gatton, Lockyer & Brisbane Valley Star; then:
- Send to: Gatton Star 45 North Street Gatton, Qld 4343 (so it is received before the Closing date/time); or
- Deliver to: Gatton Star 45 North Street Gatton, Qld 4343; or
- Deliver to: the entry box at Somerset Regional Council Chambers, 2 Redbank Street, Esk, Qld 4312.
- Contestants may submit more than one (1) entry.
- One original entry form per standard envelope will be accepted as a valid entry.
- All contestants will have an equal chance to win each of the three (3) prizes.
Receipts from partial lay-bys, bill payments such the payment of credit card bills, gift card purchases, bank transactions, bank fees and charges and service bills (such as gas, electricity, rates and phone bills, etc.) are not accepted as part of this Promotion.
Please note: There are three separate closing times: one for each of the prizes.
2. Prizes: There are three prizes to be won:
- One (1) major prize consisting of a $3,000.00 shop locally gift wallet;
- One (1) second prize consisting of a $1,750.00 shop locally gift wallet;
- One (1) third prize of a $1,250.00 shop locally gift wallet.
- All gift wallets must be spent in participating Town Proud businesses.
- Approval must be sought prior to making a purchase.
- Each purchase made by the winners must be a minimum of $100.00.
- All three prizes must be used by 5:00pm, on March 31, 2016. Prizes will be deemed to be cancelled, null and void if not used at this time.
Total maximum prize value for this competition is $6,000.00.
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences Wednesday November 11, 2015 and closes at 11:00am on Wednesday December 16, 2015. Entries received after the closing date/time will be deemed to be invalid entries and will not be entered into the draw.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants under 18 years of age require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) employees of, or owners to, the registered participating businesses so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(iii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
(iv) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner(s) will be selected by random draw at the Gatton, Lockyer and Brisbane Valley Star, 45 North Street Gatton Qld 4343: at the following times and dates:
1st draw: For the first gift wallet valued at $1250.00. Entries close at 11:00am Wednesday December 2, 2015.
- The prize winner will be selected by random draw at 4:00pm on Wednesday December 2, 2015 with prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in the Gatton, Lockyer & Brisbane Valley Star on Wednesday December 9, 2015.
2nd draw: For the second gift wallet valued at $1750.00. Entries close at 11:00am Wednesday December 9, 2015.
- The prize winner will be selected by random draw at 4:00pm Wednesday December 9, 2015 with prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in the Gatton, Lockyer and Brisbane Valley Star on Wednesday December 16, 2015.
3rd draw: For the third and final gift wallet valued at $3000.00. Entries close at 11:00am on Monday December 21, 2015.
- The prize winner will be selected by random draw at 12.00pm on Monday December 21, 2015 with prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in the Gatton, Lockyer & Brisbane Valley Star on Wednesday December 23, 2015.
Prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners must produce the original receipt of purchase from the business identified on their entry form and Government issued photo ID is required to claim their prize. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for:
- tampering with these Terms and Conditions:
- Tampering with the entry process; or
- If the entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes when specified must be picked up within 90 days of notification. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
Promoter: Gatton Star Pty Ltd ACN: 009 798 734