A FAR North woman wants a recall on a popular brand of tinned salmon after claiming she bit down on a piece of metal hidden in a tin of salmon.
Lisa Jensen ducked into the Atherton IGA on Tuesday afternoon to grab a quick snack before heading to visit a friend in hospital.
She claims she opened a small can of John West pink salmon and started eating before a 5cm long piece of twisted metal stopped her.
Ms Jensen sustained minor cuts to the inside of her mouth and said it was still "tender".
"I got the salmon and I was so hungry, I had a fork in it and thought I'd eat it then and there in the car," she said.
"I put it in my mouth and my first thought was there was a bone, then I thought it was a hook, but it was a big bit of metal.
"I took it straight back into the shop and called John West. It all happened within minutes.
"There are a few cuts in there, but it's not life threatening. I was more shocked to find such a big bit of metal."
John West has been contacted for comment.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.