Woman critically burnt after dressing gown catches fire
A WOMAN in her mid sixties has suffered critical burns to 80% of her body after her dressing gown caught fire south-west of Texas.
The Brisbane Based RACQ CareFlight flew directly to the property where local paramedics were treating the patient.
The helicopter's medical team were required to intubate the woman on scene to assist her breathing before airlifting her to the RBH burns unit for specialist treatment.
Her condition at the time of hand over at the hospital was critical but stable.