A mum cut her son's bath toys open and was horrified to see the mould growing inside.
A mum cut her son's bath toys open and was horrified to see the mould growing inside.

Warning after sick find in bath toys

A mum has shared stomach-churning photos of thick black mould inside her son's bath toys - as she urged parents to throw them away.

She decided to take a closer look after reading about another child who nearly lost his eyesight by squirting himself in the eye with a dirty bath toy.

So she cut the plastic bath toys open and was "disgusted" by what she found - with dangerous mould growing inside, even though she washes them regularly.

Warning other parents, she wrote on Facebook: "Please throw these bath toys away it's disgusting - I feel sick looking at it.

A mum cut her son's bath toys open and was horrified to see the mould growing inside.
A mum cut her son's bath toys open and was horrified to see the mould growing inside.

 

She warned other parents to throw theirs away – insisting she does clean them.
She warned other parents to throw theirs away – insisting she does clean them.

RELATED: Common household item kills 3yo girl

"For those of you who saw the post I shared the other day of the little boy who accidentally squirted himself in the eye with one of his bath toys and it got really bad infected, y'all …

"I just cut my kids bath toys open and needless to say, they are all going in the trash and I will never buy another and I would suggest you all do the same!

"They say mould grows in them because they're never able to fully dry out! I've never been more disgusted in my life!!"

RELATED: Stroller recall over injury fears

As the toys never dry out fully, it can become a breeding ground for mould.
As the toys never dry out fully, it can become a breeding ground for mould.

 

She shared the stomach-churning pics on Facebook.
She shared the stomach-churning pics on Facebook.

 

After receiving some mum-shaming comments in response to the post, she later added: "**DISCLAIMER FOR ALL YOU PERFECT PARENTS**

"Yes I clean my kids toys but you cannot dry them out fully, therefore mould grows because it's wet - I'm sure y'all don't cook your kids Dino chicken nuggets either."

This article originally appeared on The Sun and was reproduced with permission

Originally published as Warning after sick find in bath toys


HOT SPOTS: Lockyer's worst streets for break-ins, theft

Premium Content HOT SPOTS: Lockyer's worst streets for break-ins, theft

ARE you worried about break-ins and theft in your area? New data from the...

Qld economy lags but jobs bounce back

Premium Content Qld economy lags but jobs bounce back

Shut state trails all but locked-down Victoria in pandemic recovery

VOTE NOW: Lockyer, Somerset's best real estate agents

VOTE NOW: Lockyer, Somerset's best real estate agents

Here's the list of the region's best real estate agents.