Police describe Park Avenue machete scene as 'chaos'
POLICE yesterday described the scene of an alleged machete attack in a Rockhampton suburb as "chaos".
About 7.30pm on Wednesday police received a triple-0 call to attend a Macalister St home in Park Avenue.
It is alleged two men entered the house armed with machetes and threatened the six occupants.
A struggle followed, during which a woman, 21, a woman, 18, a man, 19, and a man, 20, received serious cuts.
They were all transported to Rockhampton Hospital, but only three were admitted.
A Queensland Ambulance spokeswoman said one of the male victims' leg had been cut to the bone.
Two other occupants received minor injuries and were treated at the scene.
The two offenders were located by police soon after the attack and arrested.
Lindsay Rohan Winslade, 29, appeared in the Rockhampton Magistrates Court yesterday on 10 charges, including four counts of causing grievous bodily harm, armed robbery in company and assault occasioning bodily harm.
His co-accused, a 33-year-old Koongal man, appeared on similar charges, as well as one count of sexual assault and cannot be identified as a result.
No application for bail was made for either defendant and both matters were adjourned until February 12.
Detective Senior Sergeant Paul Elliot said investigations into the incident would take some time.
"We can't quite pin point a trigger or catalyst for this incident to occur," he said.
"I'm sure we will find that out in the proceeding days."
Det Snr Sgt Elliot couldn't comment on whether drugs were involved or if the offenders and victims were known to each other.
He urged anyone with information to police on 49323500 or Crime Stoppers on 1800333000.