Two dead from heater fumes in Sydney cabin

TWO people have been killed from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in Kurrajong in Sydney's north-west.

Police said the deaths happened early on Monday morning in a makeshift cabin on Browns Road in Kurrajong, near the Blue Mountains.

The area is semi-rural, with several holiday homes in the region.

The Rural Fire Service said it was believed the couple had the heater in the cabin when they were overcome by the fumes.

Police are investigating.

Read more at ABC News

 

 


Waiting list for council’s lantana chemical subsidy program

Premium Content Waiting list for council’s lantana chemical subsidy program

LANDHOLDERS are on a waiting list to access council’s 100 per cent rebated chemical...

Lockyer businesses to gain major boost after economic blow

Premium Content Lockyer businesses to gain major boost after economic blow

After COVID-19 damaged the local business economy, the Lockyer council has invested...

Hotspot lockdowns not statewide restrictions: Premier

Premium Content Hotspot lockdowns not statewide restrictions: Premier

Annastacia Palaszczuk says decision on opening SA to be made at end of month