TWENTY people were evacuated and one person was reportedly hospitalised after a fire broke out at McDonald's restaurant at South Tweed on Sunday night.
Tweed Heads and Banora Point firefighters responded to calls at about 7pm Sunday after a minor fire was discovered in the disabled toilet at the fast-food outlet on the corner of Minjungbal Drv and Parry St. Tweed Heads police and ambulance also attended the incident.
Details on how the fire started were not immediately known.
468 Alpha, 468 Bravo, 468 Hazmat & 514 Banora Point attended a fire in a McDonald's restaurant.
20 people were evacuated from the restaurant by staff & 1 persons was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
A good job by McDonald's staff in getting everybody out safely.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.