Truck fire blocks Warrego Highway traffic
A TRUCK fire caused major delays on the Warrego Highway late yesterday.
The cab of a semi-trailer carrying sorghum burst into flames 5km west of Dalby.
The driver said he heard a bang before the truck ignited, gutting the front of the vehicle.
Fire and emergency services arrived on scene just after 4pm to extinguish the fire.
There were no reported injuries with the driver escaping unharmed.
The Warrego Highway was closed for 90 minutes as crews conducted a clean-up of the scene.
Traffic was re-opened just before 6pm.
WHAT'S HOT ONLINE TODAY
- Small frames, big hearts: Jockeys live life on the edge
- Video reveals council's dog gone blunder
- Truck fire blocks Warrego Highway traffic
- Gerard Baden-Clay's father denies drug use
- Douglas says PUP has no future in Qld Politics
- 'No scabs' protester loses job and High Court challenge
- VIDEO: Rampage driver to face 12 charges
- Shirt-fronting a distraction from real G20 issues?
- Why the Wallabies can't beat All Blacks