Telstra charges mean all phone customers pay more
CONSUMERS could be left with higher prices for internet access, after Telstra applied to increase its wholesale prices.
The telco giant has applied to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to raise wholesale network access charges by 7.2%.
While the commission will make a decision later this year, such an increase could be passed on by other retailers including Optus, as Telstra controls the network.
The increase, if approved, could affect all Australians with an internet connection or phone line.
- APN NEWSDESK
- City man dreams of sculpture park on Table Top
- Space cowboy: Teen sends balloon into orbit
- Souths superstar Greg Inglis ready to be Aussies' No.1 guy
- Tributes flow for drowning victim Ben Reddich
- Naked guns: Ipswich police stripped of body armour
- Woman fakes cancer to con public to pay for wedding
- Lynda Bellingham dies after battle with colon cancer
- Union boss says police are not cooks, cleaners and maids
- Police shoot man in head as he 'tries to run them down'
- Man, 45, killed in Bruce Highway crash near Marlborough