Police finish search of Buddina school, staff back in charge
UPDATE: Police have completed their search of the Buddina Public School and found no sign of a bomb or other device.
Officers are now moving to return the school to the control of the school principal and staff.
Buddina Public School is one of four schools across Queensland to have been cleared by threatening calls this morning.
A parent at the school, Kim Turnbull, told The Daily she was at the school when the bomb threat was phoned through this morning.
Mrs Turnbull said she had been at the school with her son, Mitchell, 5, who is in prep, and her daughter, Monique, who is in year 5 and turns 10 today.
Mrs Turnbull praised the handling of the incident by the school and police, saying it was ordered and had been done without alarming any of the students.
UPDATE: Parents are queuing to sign their children out of the Kawana Community Hall after a bomb scare at the neighbouring Buddina Public School.
People are wheeling in trolley-loads of bottled water to hand out to children sheltering in the hall as police search the school.
Conditions in the hall appear to be slightly cooler than outside but there is no escaping the heat today.
Police say Buddina is one of four schools across Queensland to have been evacuated after receiving "threatening calls".
The calls come after similar incidents interstate. Eight schools in Sydney yesterday received violent threats with several put into lockdown.
Similar threats were issued last week against schools in Sydney and Victoria.
UPDATE: Buddina Public School students have been moved from the heat of the school oval to the neighbouring Kawana Community Hall after a bomb threat was received at the school.
Parents have begun arriving at the school to take children home.
Firefighters and police are watching over the children while police officers search the school.
An Education Department spokesperson confirmed the school had received "a call of some sort", but police have told The Daily it was a bomb threat.
Police say Buddina is one of several schools in the state to have received threatening calls this morning.
"We are also aware of a number of schools in other states and countries having received similar phone calls in the past week," police said in a written statement.
"We are liaising closely with Education Queensland.
"Making threatening phone calls is a serious criminal offence and these incidents will be fully investigated."
INITIAL REPORT: BUDDINA State School has been evacuated after receiving a bomb threat.
Police have been deployed to the school and currently on-site and are preparing to search the school.
Children at the school have been evacuated to the school oval, where temperatures have already reached 34C.
It is among four schools evacuated in Queensland this morning, The Courier Mail reports, with students also being removed from Bounty Boulevard State School in North Lakes, The Gap Senior High School and Townsville Senior High School.
Dozens of police have arrived at Town High, along with fireys and ambos. Hearing there have been a number of bomb threats across the state.— Chris McMahon (@ChrisTheJourno1) February 2, 2016