AN Australian man and his son have been killed in a freak double tragedy in Thailand.
Andrew Fenwick, 66, was using a metal wrench to fix the pump next to the pool at their home in Rayong, Thailand when he was electrocuted by a suspected water leak among the cables.
His son Jason Krailop Fenwick, 10, was also killed after running to help his father and stepping in a puddle, causing the current to surge through him.
The construction director's second son Justin, 4, ran crying into the street for help on Monday at 4.30pm.
The man's Thai wife Somrudi Krailob Fenwick, 41, was alerted by neighbours and broke down in tears at the poolside after returning home.
Speaking at the scene after the accident, she said: "This is terrible. I'm heartbroken. My husband and son gone at the same time."
She told police she was away from home at the time of the tragedy.
"Andrew was so confident with tools, he was an engineer. I don't know how this has happened. I cannot understand it. Life is so cruel to take them both."
Melbourne-educated Mr Fenwick had been an engineer and worked in the UK before retiring to Thailand.
He had two sons with his Thai wife.
His youngest son found the bodies and ran crying into the street before alerting security guard Komin Jittiworaphan, 51, who called police.
Rescue workers cut the power supply at the home before officers removed the bodies for post mortem examinations.
Police Captain Kaweewuth Boonruang, deputy investigation inspector at Rayong Muang police station, said: "There were two deaths caused by electric shock.
"According to the investigation, the two dead were father and son of Australian citizenship.
"The father was repairing the pump of the pool in the pump house next to the pool.
"The son saw the incident and ran to help not knowing there was a leak and he was electrocuted. He had burns from the fire on his hands, his body and his face."
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.