A SUNSHINE Coast man has been told he was lucky he was home when a snake in his wall received an electric shock or his house might have burned down. 

The man saw smoke coming out of an electrical socket and smelled something burning. 

What he found behind the power point was an injured carpet python. 

Ritchie Gilbert, from Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers 24/7 had to cut holes in the walls to extract the burned snake, before taking it to Australia Zoo for some medical attention. 


Alert: Storms, heatwaves and falling bats

Premium Content Alert: Storms, heatwaves and falling bats

Storms, heatwaves and falling bats predicted

Carols, markets to provide a weekend of festive cheer

Premium Content Carols, markets to provide a weekend of festive cheer

There is plenty to do this weekend in the Lockyer Valley including markets just in...

Council holds special, closed meeting to discuss water

Premium Content Council holds special, closed meeting to discuss water

The special, closed meeting was held to discuss the water co-operatives business...