Sexpo billboard pulled down
IPSWICH'S controversial Sexpo billboard has been removed by owners Bishopp.
The billboard off Brisbane Road, Dinmore, was removed about 11am Thursday and will be relocated in coming days.
The billboard came under fire earlier this week, with people labelling it inappropriate and rude.
Sexpo organisers hit back saying Ipswich residents made up a large amount of their audience.
Sexpo general manager Rob Godwin said surveys from previous events showed most visitors came from the Gold Coast, with Ipswich running a close second.
He said the high Ipswich turnout showed many in the region would not have a problem with the advertisement, and said if it was in any other state, the billboard would have been even more provocative.
“I think the people of Ipswich should be proud of the billboard – everyone featured on the ad is from Queensland,” Mr Godwin said.
“Sex is a great, wonderful thing that should be celebrated instead of hidden away.
“Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but compared to our billboard there are fashion ads and magazine covers out there that show a lot more skin.”
Sexpo, which bills itself as a “sexuality and adult lifestyle exhibition”, is the world’s largest adult show and last year attracted more than 5000 people to the Brisbane event.
While some of the exhibits have to be tamed down from the Sydney and Melbourne events because of Queensland laws, organisers are expecting another bumper crowd this year.
Along with exhibitors selling adult products, people can take in male and female strip acts and other entertainment at the event, which runs from March 4-7 at the Brisbane Exhibition Centre.
Former Brisbane girl turned LA-based porn actress Monica Mayhem, who features in the ad, will be a big drawcard according to organisers.
Read more ...
Ipswich Sexpo billboard too sexual