Stringer

Schoolgirl 'electrocuted' after lying on frayed iPhone cable

A TEENAGE girl reportedly died after being electrocuted while charging her iPhone 6.

Le Thi Xoan was found unconscious by her parents with the white device by her side in the Vietnamese region of Ha Tinh, local media reported.

Police said a "broken-down" charging brick and frayed cable were also found in the 14-year-old's bed. It is not thought those devices were made by Apple. 

Chief Tran Anh Son said the girl was rushed to hospital after she was discovered by her parents.

It is thought she was electrocuted after she rolled onto the device. Black burn marks were found on her bedding.

The Independent has contacted Apple for comment but none had arrived at the time of publication.


High winds, severe thunderstorms tracking towards Lockyer

Premium Content High winds, severe thunderstorms tracking towards Lockyer

STRONG winds and severe storms are heading towards the Lockyer Valley and...

COVID: What you can and can’t do in Qld right now

Premium Content COVID: What you can and can’t do in Qld right now

Deputy Premier rules out any changes to restrictions this weekend

Prison trio accused of COVID-19 riot offences

Premium Content Prison trio accused of COVID-19 riot offences

Three prisoners are accused of rioting during the coronavirus lockdown