UPDATE: QPWS investigating after ranger's electric shock
AN INCIDENT of a ranger suffering an electric shock on Fraser Island is being further investigated by Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service.
Paramedics were called to Urong on the island after reports a 42-year-old shortly made contact with a dingo detterent grid on Monday.
The dingo detterent grid which was the source of the shock, was there for safety purposes.
TOP STORIES ON THE FRASER COAST:
Several areas on Fraser Island, including some campgrounds, townships and resorts, currently have dingo proof fences and grids.
These are installed to provide separation between dingoes and people.
The power supply components the ranger touched are inaccessible to the public.
The ranger was not taken to hospital following the electric shock.