RAIL travellers should allow an extra hour for travel as buses replace trains between Northgate and Gympie North stations during rail works this weekend.
THE Caboolture and Sunshine Coast rail lines between those stations will be closed from the first train tomorrow (Saturday, June 11) until the final train on Sunday (June 12) while works are undertaken.
TransLink spokesman Andrew Berkman said buses would replace all inbound and outbound trains during the closure.
“Train services on the Caboolture line from first service on Saturday to last service on Sunday will operate between Northgate and Brisbane city stations only,” Mr Berkman said.
“NightLink trains on the Caboolture line will also be replaced by buses starting at Roma Street station.”
Trains will resume on Monday (June 13) to a Sunday timetable, due to the Queen’s Birthday public holiday.
Customers heading to the following events should plan their journey with this closure in mind:
- The Caravan and Camping and Touring Holiday Show at the RNA Showgrounds
- Brisbane Broncos vs Canberra Raiders rugby league game at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday
- The final Walking with Dinosaurs shows at Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Special shuttle trains will run every 15-30 minutes on the Exhibition line for customers heading to the Caravan and Camping and Touring Holiday Show at the RNA Showgrounds across the long weekend.
Works being undertaken this weekend include:
- Track replacement at Eudlo, Beerburrum, Glasshouse Mountains, Mooloolah and Palmwoods
- Ttrack work between Geebung and Bald Hills
- Upgrading Caboolture and Narangba stations
- Bridge inspections at Morayfield, Petrie, Virginia and Dakabin
- Track points maintenance and other general maintenance works.
For more information about public transport and services, visit www.translink.com.au or phone 13 12 30 any time.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.