A GOLD Coast mum got the shock of a lifetime this morning when she found one of the world's deadliest snakes wrapped around her child's playset.
The eastern brown snake, more than 1m long was discovered at the Tallebudgera home today, was initially mistaken for a common carpet python.
Veteran snake catcher Tony Harrison was called in to remove the slippery customer and broke the news of the reptile's species to the shocked homeowner.
"She thought it was a carpet python because they are quite common out there but when I told her it was an eastern brown the blood drained out of her face," he said.
"The eastern browns are fairly common too but you generally don't see them wrapped around children's toys.
"The big ones are a bit slower which makes them easier to catch but they are just as venomous as the smaller ones."
Images and video captured at the scene and shared on Mr Harrison's social media show the snake towering over the nearby LEGO set, including the oversized figure of the Incredible Hulk.
It was safely caught and removed from the home without incident.
Eastern browns are the second most venomous snake behind the inland Taipan.
They are responsible for around 60 per cent of snake bite deaths.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.