FINGERPRINTS were used to identify Dylan Daure's body after he was found dead in Buderim on Tuesday.

A family member found the body on a vacant block behind the Middy's Complex, next to a block of units.

It was believed the body had been there for two days, around the same time as the 19-year-old was reported missing on Saturday.

Police yesterday were working to piece together the teenager's movements before he died, including

reviewing security footage from the shopping complex.

It was unknown if Dylan had climbed a concrete wall to the vacant block where he was found dead.

Police did confirm the teen was naked, with his clothes and mobile phone found at the Buderim State School on Saturday.

A pathologist examined the body at the scene on Tuesday night and would be continuing an investigation, which will include blood toxicology.

Sunshine Coast CIB were assisting the investigation at the site on the corner of Ballinger Rd and Ballinger Ct, where a crime scene was established.

Sunshine Coast police Inspector Mike Miley said the cause of death may not be known for another week.

"We will wait on the post-mortem results to determine the cause of death," Insp Miley said.

"The cause is still uncertain at this stage as there were no immediate suspicions as to what happened to him."

Dylan was last seen by family members leaving the Buderim Tavern on Burnett St about 12.30am Saturday.

Anyone with information on his death should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.


HEARTWARMING: How Laidley rescue dog found loving new home

Premium Content HEARTWARMING: How Laidley rescue dog found loving new home

A LAIDLEY rescue dog has found its furever home after being posted for adoption on...

Lockyer Valley man 4x limit busted driving into McDonald’s

Premium Content Lockyer Valley man 4x limit busted driving into McDonald’s

A MAN with a history of drink driving has pleaded for a probation order in...

Millions in COVID fines, penalties unpaid

Premium Content Millions in COVID fines, penalties unpaid

Nine out of 10 people issued with COVID penalty have not paid