Police put six gang members behind bars over shootings
SIX members of Australia's most dangerous gang are behind bars and senior police have warned their associates - "We're coming for you".
Brothers 4 Life boss Mohammed Hamzy and five of his fellow members have been charged over two shootings which left one man dead and two others injured in Sydney last year.
Police allege the gang is also behind a spate of violent shootings, including a mistaken attack on a 13-year-old girl, in Sydney's western suburbs in past weeks.
The six men, all aged in their 20s were arrested during targeted raids late Thursday and have since been charged.
The charges relate to two shootings in October last year where a 27-year-old man was shot dead and two others aged 27 and 32 were hospitalised.
All three victims were members of the Brothers 4 Life gang.
The arrests were made by detectives from Operation Talon - a strike force set up in August this year to target organised crime.
NSW Police Deputy Commissioner Nick Kaldas said officers had searched hundreds of cars, homes and businesses and siezed guns, drugs and more than $1.5million in cash.
He said the results were thanks to the unwavering commitment of police and support from the public but said the real key to making a difference was for families and friends to break the code of silence.
"If you know of a location where guns are being kept, or you suspect some people of being involved in gun crime, please tell us...we don't need to know who you are; all we need is the information you have to hand," Dep Com Kaldas said.
"Please remember, the information you provide could save the life of someone you love."