Fire units en route to block of units in Yeppoon where it is reported there is at least one unit on fire.
Fire units en route to block of units in Yeppoon where it is reported there is at least one unit on fire. Zach Hogg BUN220714FAR3

Overheated food causes fire in unit

7.45AM: A QUEENSLAND Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman has confirmed the microwave fire occurred in Mackay, not Yeppoon.

Earlier reports indicated the a fire had broken out in a unit in Oak St.

The Bulletin had not yet been able to confirm which Oak St the fire was located.

It is believed the fire was caused by food overheated in a microwave.

Reports indicate there were no flames visible when QFES firefighters arrived at the scene.

6.55am: A FIRE in a unit on the Capricorn Coast was caused by overheated food.

Reports indicate Queensland Fire and Emergency Services have attended a unit in Oak Street, Yeppoon, where it was reported there was a fire this morning.

It is believed the fire was caused by overheated food in a microwave, but not flames were visible when QFES arrived.

6.49am: EMERGENCY services are responding to reports of a structure fire in a block of units.

Reports indicate the fire is in Oak St, Yeppoon.

More to come.


United front to fight for long term water security

United front to fight for long term water security

The two councils have come together to form the collaboration.

$16 million to target diseases

$16 million to target diseases

Tackling pests and diseases together

Local Partners