Name of seventh instalment of Star Wars film revealed

THE seventh instalment of hit sci-fi franchise Star Wars will be titled Star Wars: The Force Awakens, it has been confirmed.

The news was announced via the official Star Wars Twitter account in a message informing fans that principal photography has wrapped on the hotly-awaited new movie.

Producer Kathleen Kennedy revealed last month that shooting on the sequel was nearing completion. Surprisingly, given the huge amount of interest in the film, the cast and crew have managed to keep its plot mostly under wraps.

Original Star Wars actor Warwick Davis revealed last week that he is on board for the sequel, while his co-stars Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Kenny Baker and Peter Mayhew are also returning.

John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Domhnall Gleeson and Lupita Nyong'o are among the franchise's new faces.

Benedict Cumberbatch sparked fresh speculation about his possible role in the new Star Wars film on the Graham Norton Show last Friday after he refused to deny his involvement.

"I went to the set. It was incredible," he said, before seemingly regretting his revelation and answering subsequent questions with "no comment".

"I probably shouldn't be saying these things," he added.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is set for release on 18 December 2015.


Mayor's persistence pays off with hospital plans confirmed

Mayor's persistence pays off with hospital plans confirmed

Cr Milligan said building a hospital in 10 years is realistic.

Dedicated owner keeps car in pristine condition

Dedicated owner keeps car in pristine condition

The car is a fixture of the family and something to bond over.

Community to celebrate the long haul

Community to celebrate the long haul

Committee members are calling all to come and celebrate 70 years.

Local Partners