Mushroom omelette by Michelle Bridges
THE Biggest Loser celebrity trainer and author Michelle Bridges shares her high protein, low calorie recipe for egg-white omelettes with garlic mushrooms.
Omelette with garlic mushrooms
Ingredients (serves 2, 300 cal per serve):
olive oil spray
250 g mixed fresh mushrooms (oyster, Swiss brown, shimeji), sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
1 shallot, finely chopped
10 egg whites
freshly ground black pepper
4 slices wholegrain bread
* Lightly spray a frying pan with oil and heat on medium–high
* Cook the mushrooms for 6 minutes, stirring, until browned
* Stir in the garlic, parsley and shallot and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Remove from the heat
* Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until combined.
* Stir through the mushroom mixture and season to taste with pepper.
* Toast the bread
* Meanwhile, lightly spray a medium non-stick frying pan with olive oil and heat on medium–high
* Pour in half of the egg-white mixture and cook for 1–2 minutes until just set
* Fold over and slide onto a warm plate. Keep warm.
* Repeat with the remaining egg-white mixture for the second omelette.
* Serve the omelettes with the toast.