A 13-year-old boy, two 14-year-olds, a 15-year-old from Pooraka in Adelaide, a 15-year-old from Salisbury East and an 18-year-old from Pennington.
These are the boys that have been charged over the senseless death of mother-of-two Lucy Paveley.
On Sunday morning the mother of a two young children rose early and dressed in her uniform to go to work.
She worked as a carer at AnglicareSA's Elizabeth Dutton Court nursing home, where she was due for the early shift.
The 21-minute journey was one she had made countless times, an easy drive in the small hours of a Sunday morning while her seven-year-old and eight-year-old slept peacefully, their dad - her husband of 10 years watching over them.
At 6.37am, she had just travelled through a green light when from nowhere, a stolen white Mitsubishi Pajero 4WD hurtled through a red light careering into a red Nissan Micra.
Police said the stolen vehicle had been travelling at up to twice the speed limit before the crash.
Mrs Paveley stood no chance. Her mangled red Nissan Micra was left crushed, more than 50m from the crash impact.
To the shock of police what happened next cemented this devastating crash as an indictment on the mindset of our youth.
According to police the alleged offenders did not stop to check on her welfare, instead jumping into the back of a stolen black 2015 Mazda 3 - part of a crime spree across Adelaide's suburbs.
Attorney-General John Rau, who is calling for a law change meaning any youth put on trial in the District Court will be sentenced using guidelines for adult offenders, condemned their actions.
"All that we are waiting for now is the Bill to pass the Parliament," he said.
"The notion that somebody can steal a vehicle, and then drive something which weighs several tonnes around the place at very high speed and crash into somebody else going about their ordinary business is just so grotesquely unacceptable."
Superintendent Anthony Fioravanti, the officer in charge of Traffic Support Branch, said: "It is totally unbelievable and disgraceful how they crashed into this car at high speed, jumped into another car, and left the ... woman there in (her) car."
"When you look at the scene the (debris) is everywhere. The victim's vehicle has been pushed at least 50m.
"(She) was ... obviously minding her own business, and then this Pajero has just gone blasting through the intersection. It's a real tragic incident, the speed of that car was going unfortunately she would have had no chance."
He added: "It happened as a result of the irresponsible actions of these people who don't give any regard for other people's lives or they don't think about anyone and it is an absolute disgrace" reports The Advertiser.
The five youths have been charged with manslaughter - a more serious charge than causing death by dangerous driving, which is more commonly used after fatal motor vehicle accidents.
The charged youths will appear in the Youth Court on Tuesday, while the 18-year-old will face the Adelaide Magistrates Court.
SA Police say further serious charges are likely and anyone who has any information that can assist with the investigation, including dash cam vision, is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Meanwhile family and friends paid tribute to Mrs Paveley calling her a "beautiful soul", who never complained and "always put other people first".
Her husband, Jamie and daughter, 8, and son, 7, are left behind, devastated by this disgraceful crime.
Her boss, Anglicare SA chief executive Reverend Peter Sandeman told The Advertiser that he hoped the offenders "come to the realisation the harm they've done".
"It's a senseless death and we all have trouble coming to terms with it," he said.
"There are no winners out of this are there? The lives of those who committed this crime are going to be impacted forever and the family themselves had suffered a great loss. Nobody wins, everyone loses."
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.