Minden Crossroads left flooded after storm
The Minden Crossroads were left flooded after storms yesterday.
Commuters and residents are asking why this could happen after the amount of work to upgrade the road recently.
A Transport and Main Roads spokesperson said while the majority of the works have been completed, finishing works including drainage are still underway.
"The flood reconstruction works at Minden are in accordance with TMR design standards and include repairs to flood damaged sections of road as well as drainage works," the spokesperson said.
"Water pooling across the lanes occurred during severe storms this week and we are working to resolve this.
"This work will be completed tomorrow.
"We will also fully investigate the cause of the pooling."
The spokesperson said final drainage works will be completed next week, weather permitting.
A spokesperson for the Minister for Transport and Main Roads said the community will be informed of any road works in the following ways:
- community information session
- door knocks and phone calls to inform stakeholders about the works
- mail outs
- regular meetings with impacted businesses, Minden State School and the Minden community representative
- community service announcements and media statements distributed to local media outlets
- traffic updates on 13 19 40 and project updates on TMR's web page.