Toddler burnt in battery acid spill

A CHILD has been transported to hospital after sitting in battery acid.

Emergency services responded to the incident about 8am this morning on Helen St, Pittsworth.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesperson said a roadworks sign had upended in a trailer where there were batteries, and the acid leaked out into the gutter.

A 14-month old boy is believed to have sat in the acid, sustaining minor injuries.

He was transported to Toowoomba Hospital.

 


Special forces swoop to grab alleged armed robber near Esk

Premium Content Special forces swoop to grab alleged armed robber near Esk

He was charged with intending to cause grievous bodily harm

REVEALED: Police bust Somerset man over alleged child porn

Premium Content REVEALED: Police bust Somerset man over alleged child porn

DETAILS: Two Toogoolawah men have been charged over offences against children. FULL...

True cost of an education in Qld revealed

Premium Content True cost of an education in Qld revealed

Private, public, independent: Full breakdown of Aus education costs