Jeremy Clarkson pulls out of Have I Got News for You

FORMER Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has pulled out of his planned hosting slot on Have I Got News for You.

Clarkson was due to record his appearance on the broadcaster's satirical panel show on Thursady 23 April, in time for it to be broadcast the following day. 

Jimmy Mulville, managing director of Hat Trick Productions which makes the show, said: "On reflection, Jeremy Clarkson has decided not to host Have I Got News For You. We fully expect him to resume his hosting duties later in the year."

The appearance would have been his first since the BBC sacked him from Top Gear last month, after a 'fracas' where he punched producer Oisin Tymon over the food served at the end of a day's filming.

After the BBC did not renew Clarkson's contract, director general Tony Hall said "a line has been crossed" by the present, and "there cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another".


Prison trio accused of COVID-19 riot offences

Premium Content Prison trio accused of COVID-19 riot offences

Three prisoners are accused of rioting during the coronavirus lockdown

ELECTION: Where to vote in the Lockyer this Saturday

Premium Content ELECTION: Where to vote in the Lockyer this Saturday

NOT sure where to cast your vote this weekend? We’ve got a list of locations...

Search of Laidley dad’s phone reveals drug dealing history

Premium Content Search of Laidley dad’s phone reveals drug dealing history

TUCKED between tomato and avocado trees, a Laidley man was growing cannabis. A...