Woman suffers facial burns in gas stove explosion

The Shingle Inn Cafe in the Toowoomba CBD.
The Shingle Inn Cafe in the Toowoomba CBD.

A WOMAN has burns to her face after a gas stove explosion at a Toowoomba CBD cafe.

Emergency services were called to the Shingle Inn about 7.15am to reports of a gas stove explosion.

Queensland Ambulance Service paramedics are treating a female employee for minor burns to her face.

RELATED: Exploding stove shocks emergency service personnel

She is expected to be transported to Toowoomba Hospital.

The Queensland Fire and Emergency Service is on scene.

Workplace health and safety authorities will investigate.

 


Council, ARTC at odds over passenger rail plans for Lockyer

Premium Content Council, ARTC at odds over passenger rail plans for Lockyer

“AT the moment, we’ve got virtually nothing.” Council calls for passenger rail...

LNP’s $7m pledge to fix dodgy Lowood to Fernvale road

Premium Content LNP’s $7m pledge to fix dodgy Lowood to Fernvale road

IF successful, tenders will be sent out within the first 100 days.

Fatal levels of nicotine in Queensland vapes

Premium Content Fatal levels of nicotine in Queensland vapes

Poisons lines inundated with calls about nicotine poisoning from vapers