Gas fumes force shopping precinct evacuation

BREAKING: Fire crews and paramedics are on the scene of a suspected gas leak at a Sunshine Coast shopping precinct.

Emergency crews were called to the shopping village on the corner of Scholars Dr and University Way.

The gas leak was reported near the Raj Indian restaurant.

The area has been evacuated and two fire crews are checking the gas cylinders on site.

Paramedics reported there was nobody on site requiring treatment, but will remain at the scene as firefighters search for the source of the leak.


Bushfire reported near Glen Esk

Bushfire reported near Glen Esk

People in the area may be affected by smoke

Newly planted trees stolen straight out of soil in parklands

Newly planted trees stolen straight out of soil in parklands

The group planted 35 trees for National Tree Day earlier this year.

UPDATE: Fire sweeps through estimated 3000 hectares

UPDATE: Fire sweeps through estimated 3000 hectares

The fire is still burning, now hitting an estimated 3000 hectares

Local Partners