Firies rushed to report of a fire at Allen Langer's Caloundra restaurant.
Firies rushed to report of a fire at Allen Langer's Caloundra restaurant. Facebook Alfie's Mooo Char & Bar

Fire emergency hits Alfie Langer's restaurant

EMERGENCY crews have rushed to the Caloundra restaurant of State of Origin great Alfie Langer amidst reports of a fire.

Emergency serices received a report about 4.15pm of a possible fire at 100 Bulcock St, Caloundra.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman advised the incident was taken places at "Alfie's restaurant", which is at the Breakfree Resort in Caloundra.

State of Origin and rugby league great Allen Langer started a restaurant in the heart of Caloundra with his wife, Janine, in 2001.

Today it is called Alfie's Mooo Char and Bar.

An employee at Breakfree told the Daily the "board walk building has been evacuated".

But the firies spokeswoman said the cause of the smoke was coming from Alfie's restaurant.

"There is no actual fire," the spokeswoman said.

"A cook top was left on."

The Daily contacted Langer for comment, but he couldn't be reached as he could be holed up in State of Origin camp ahead of tomorrow night's massive game against New South Wales.

An employee at the restaurant said the incident was quickly resolved.

"It's all sorted, the restaurant is back open," she said.

"The whole building was evacuated, but everybody has been allowed back in.

"It must have been a Blues supporter for sure."


Ekka win sends Delaforce to national cattle judging finals

Ekka win sends Delaforce to national cattle judging finals

Young judge to showcase at nationals

Cecil's record beaten after 92 years

Cecil's record beaten after 92 years

Rail trail time smashed

Community pantry offers a helping hand in times of need

Community pantry offers a helping hand in times of need

The initiative was established in June.

Local Partners