Federal Govt hands out grants for ANZAC commemoration
EVERY federal electorate in Australia will have access to a $100,000 grant to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the ANZAC landing at Gallipoli.
The $15 million scheme is designed to encourage communities across Australia to become involved in the centenary in 2015.
A committee will be created in each electorate to work alongside local federal MPs on grant proposals.
Communities are encouraged to start identifying local initiatives that recognise Australian service during the First World War.
Projects which could be considered for grant funding include:
- Public commemorative events.
- New First World War memorials or honour board.
- The restoration of existing First World War memorials or honour boards.
- The preservation, interpretation and display of First World War wartime and military memorabilia and artefacts.
- School projects related to the First World War.
Grant funding will be available in 2013-14.