A woman involved in the crash suffered a fractured hip and was taken to Westmead hospital for treatment. Picture: Dean Asher
A woman involved in the crash suffered a fractured hip and was taken to Westmead hospital for treatment. Picture: Dean Asher

‘Drunk driver’ in four-car crash mayhem

A man who blew more almost four times the drink driving limit has been charged after he was involved in a four-car crash in Sydney's west last night.

About 9pm yesterday, the 24-year-old was driving a silver Ford Falcon west at the intersection of the Great Western Highway and Mamre Rd in St Marys when he collided with three other vehicles.

 

The falcon collided with two cars at the intersection of Mamre Road and Great Western Highway. Picture: Dean Asher
The falcon collided with two cars at the intersection of Mamre Road and Great Western Highway. Picture: Dean Asher

Police conducted a breath test of the driver at the scene, where he returned a reading of 0.189- more than three times the 0.05 limit for full license holders.

He was arrested and taken to Penrith Police Station where his license was suspended and charged with high range PCA.

The female who was driving one of the cars involved in the crash suffered a fractured hip and was taken to Westmead hospital for treatment. Her injuries are not life threatening.

Another female driver was taken to Nepean hospital as a precaution.

The 24-year-old at fault was granted conditional bail and will appear at Penrith Local Court on Tuesday December 12.


Council, ARTC at odds over passenger rail plans for Lockyer

Premium Content Council, ARTC at odds over passenger rail plans for Lockyer

“AT the moment, we’ve got virtually nothing.” Council calls for passenger rail...

LNP’s $7m pledge to fix dodgy Lowood to Fernvale road

Premium Content LNP’s $7m pledge to fix dodgy Lowood to Fernvale road

IF successful, tenders will be sent out within the first 100 days.

Fatal levels of nicotine in Queensland vapes

Premium Content Fatal levels of nicotine in Queensland vapes

Poisons lines inundated with calls about nicotine poisoning from vapers