THIS delightful chocolate self-saucing pudding is sure to warm you up on a cold winter's night.
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160° fan-forced. Lightly grease an 8cm-deep, 6 cup-capacity ovenproof dish.
- Place flour, caster sugar and half the cocoa in a large bowl. Whisk milk, butter, egg and vanilla together in a jug. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Transfer to prepared dish.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa in a bowl. Sprinkle cocoa mixture over batter. Pour boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to evenly cover pudding batter.
- Place dish on a baking tray. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until pudding bounces back when pressed gently in the centre.
- Remove from oven. Stand for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with ice cream.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.