EMERGENCY services were called to a Glenvale home after reports that a child had started a fire in a bedroom cupboard. 

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the crews arrived at the Balonne Rd address about 8pm. 

"The fire was extinguished upon arrival," she said. 

"We ventilated the area and made the scene safe."  

Paramedics transported a 49-year-old man to the Toowoomba Hospital with minor burns on his hand. 

They also treated five people for smoke inhalation. 


Vandals force closure of two Lockyer council facilities

Premium Content Vandals force closure of two Lockyer council facilities

ILLEGAL dumping and vandalism has forced the closure of two council facilities, but...

Revealed: Regions major parties are most under pressure

Premium Content Revealed: Regions major parties are most under pressure

Analysis of the two leaders’ campaigns so far

Massive Laidley police operation nets dangerous drivers

Premium Content Massive Laidley police operation nets dangerous drivers

IF YOU’RE thinking about drinking and driving in the Lockyer Valley. Think again.