Charlie Sheen set for new TV show
CHARLIE Sheen is set to sign a deal for his TV comeback this week.
The controversial actor was axed from sitcom 'Two and a Half Men' earlier this year after a public fall-out with the studio behind it, Warner Brothers Television, and co-creator Chuck Lorre over his conduct off set.
However, the 45-year-old star is now close to inking a deal for a completely new show created "for him".
A source close to the negotiations told the New York Daily News newspaper: "It's a show created with him and for him.
"The deal should get signed by tomorrow, but with lawyers you never know. No later than Friday."
It has not been confirmed which network the new show is with, or what it will contain, but it is said to be headed straight into production, without filming a pilot.
As star of 'Two and a Half Men', Charlie was the highest paid TV star in the US, commanding $2 million an episode.
Although he has lead an extreme lifestyle for some time, it was only after a spell in hospital following a 36-hour drink and drug session with a bevy of porn stars that his conduct was called into question.
After being fired from the show he countered with a $100 million lawsuit, then decided to become drug free, and moved a pair of girlfriends – Natalie Kenly and ex-porn star Bree Olsen – into his house, which he started referring to as the Sober Valley Lodge.
Charlie underwent a spoken word tour of the US, named 'The Violent Torpedo of Truth / Defeat is not an Option', and released a song based around his catchphrase, "Winning".
While he has recently suffered setbacks, with Bree leaving him in April and Natalie moving out of his house last week, Charlie was quick to shake off the splits, reportedly partying with a bevy of international beauties - from Mexico, Australia, and Colombia respectively – on the night Natalie left him.
Meanwhile, 'Two and a Half Men' will continue without Charlie, after casting Ashton Kutcher as its new lead.