A 59-year-old man has been jailed for four months for distributing child pornography.
A 59-year-old man has been jailed for four months for distributing child pornography. serggn

‘Boss, I won’t be in, I’ve been jailed for child porn’

ANTHONY Colin Waldock had not told his boss he was facing child pornography charges before he faced sentence in Maroochydore District Court.

But he couldn't avoid making the disclosure after being jailed on Monday for four months.

The court heard Waldock told police he was a church elder when they searched his house on July 1 last year.

They found a total of 139 child exploitation images and two videos in email folders.

Many of the images were duplicates in separate folders.

The offence of sending the material by email to unknown recipients occurred 13 times over about three years.

Defence barrister Stephen Courtney said his 59-year-old client had only in recent years began using the internet for recreation.

Mr Courtney said Waldock had exchanged images with people he only knew by way of email contact and was not part of a child pornography ring.

He said his client had moved to Caboolture for a job he started about 11 months ago.

Mr Courtney said Waldock had not told his employer of his charges.

Judge John Robinson said by distributing the images Waldock had actively encouraged and perpetuated the "extraordinary" industry which had grown up around the perverted sexual degradation of innocent children.

Waldock was sentenced to 18 months in jail, suspended after four months for a period of two years.

He was also placed on a two-year probation order.


Police impound car after Warrego Hwy smash

Premium Content Police impound car after Warrego Hwy smash

Investigations continue following multi-vehicle collision on the Warrego Hwy at...

UPDATE: Man suffers facial damage, fractured arms in fight

Premium Content UPDATE: Man suffers facial damage, fractured arms in fight

Police have released an update on an assault in the Lockyer Valley that left a man...

Landmark $440m settlement for 2011 flood victims

Premium Content Landmark $440m settlement for 2011 flood victims

Queensland flood victims seeking compensation have reached a major milestone