SAUSAGE sizzles, stickers and televisions ads will all be part of a new Queensland Government campaign to warn workers about the dangers of working in ceilings, a day after the Royal Commission into the 2009 "pink batts scheme" heard from former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd.
Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie stood with the father of Matthew Fuller, the first insulation installer killed during the rollout of the program, to announce the plan.
Mr Fuller's death would be followed by three more including that of Rockhampton teenager Rueben Barnes, 16, who was electrocuted as he entered an electrified ceiling to lay the foil insulation.
Mr Bleijie said while there may be more answers for the families from the Royal Commission, this was something that could be done immediately to help protect workers.
"TV, radio, newspaper and billboard ads will hit the airwaves and printers from this weekend, carrying a simple message: Stay safer up there, switch off down there," he said.
"There are serious electrical safety risks in our ceilings and the best and simplest way people can make them safer is to turn off all the main power at the switchboard before climbing up there."
On Thursday, Mr Rudd told the commission he was never advised of safety risks associated with the now-notorious home insulation scheme that was rushed out to stimulate the national economy in 2009.
After the deaths of Mr Fuller and Mr Barnes, Marcus Wilson died from heat exposure while working in an overheated ceiling.
In early 2010, Mitchell Sweeney's electrocution - the fourth and final death of the program - led to its end.
Free ceiling safety stickers can be ordered here.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.