BRITISH hunk Tom Hopper is just as charming as you'd expect a Knight of the Round Table to be.
That's because he is one - Hopper plays Sir Percival in the hit BBC series Merlin.
And for the 25-year-old star, who was a fan of the Merlin legend when he was a young boy, the role is a dream come true.
"When you're a young boy and you hear about the whole concept it's definitely appealing," he said.
"It's (the role) a bit of a dream come true."
Sir Percival made his first appearance in the final episode of Series Three when he arrived with Lancelot just in time to save Arthur and Merlin.
He was later knighted by Arthur before continuing to fight along side him in the retaking of Camelot.
Percival returned in Series Four as one of Arthur's best knights.
"He's a gentle giant," Hopper said of his role.
"The one thing I've always said about him, he's very protective. He'll do anything for those he loves and I love that aspect about him."
The star said the set of Merlin was a fantastic way to spend his days.
"It's a really great working environment, it's a really fun place to work. And it's just not the cast, the crew are great too."
Hopper will make his first trip to Australia next weekend for the hugely popular Supanova Pop Culture Expo.
"I've never been to Australia before, it's going to be awesome."
Hopper will be in Brisbane for the expo and then take a trip down to Sydney for some sight-seeing.
"When Colin (Morgan - who plays Merlin in the show) came last year he said the best thing to do was see what offers you get and not plan anything," he said.
He said he had been to a fan convention like Supanova once before, but thought Supanova was a bit bigger.
"I'm really excited about meeting the fans. They seem so passionate and I get a lot of enjoyment out of talking and meeting them."
Hopper also guest stared an episode of Doctor Who, when Matt Smith made his first appearance.
What you need to know
- WHERE: RNA Showgrounds, 600 Gregory Terrace, Bowen Hills, Brisbane
- WHEN: Friday November 9 from 1pm to 7pm, Saturday November 10 from 10am to 6pm and Sunday November 11 from 10am to 6pm
- TICKETS: Available for sale at Foxtix or at the door. A Supa-Fan Three Day pass is $62.50 pre-purchased or $70 at the door. Day passes for Friday are $22.50 pre-purchased or $25 at the door, Saturday and Sunday $27.50 pre-purchased or $30 at the door.
- WHAT IT INCLUDES: Tickets include access to the main showroom floor, all non-exclusive Q&A panels and seminars, photo and signature opportunities with all Supa-Stars who appear on the day. To help with queuing during the weekend, photo and signature tokens are available for purchase all day Friday.
- PARKING: The showgrounds can house up to 3000 cars on site. Parking costs $10 a day.However, the Bowen Hills and Brunswick St railway stations are less than a 10 minute walk from the showgrounds. For train timetables, visit www.transinfo.qld.gov.au.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.