Another storm about to hit the Lockyer Valley
ANOTHER serious storm is about to hit the Lockyer Valley and parts of the Ipswich, Somerset, Scenic Rim, Southern Downs and Toowoomba Council Areas.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 12:20 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on weather radar near Hampton, Crows Nest, Cambooya, Maryvale and Murphy's Creek.
These thunderstorms are moving towards the southeast. They are forecast to affect the area north of Toowoomba, Cunninghams Gap and Helidon by 12:50 pm and Gatton, Moogerah and Mulgowie by 1:20 pm.
Damaging winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.