Terms and Conditions
Little Leader Birthday Club Membership (‘promotion’)
- The Promoter is Gatton Star Pty Ltd (‘the promoter’) of Shop 2, 45 North Street, Gatton Queensland 4343. ACN 009 820 035. Telephone number: 07 5460 2205.
- Information on how to become a member of Laidley Plainland Leader - Little Leader Birthday Club and the competition prizes form part of these terms and conditions. Membership in the Laidley Plainland Leader Birthday Club is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this Membership, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- By becoming a member of the Club, member’s parents/legal guardians give their consent for their child/children becoming members of the club and that their information may be used to determine the outcome of the monthly Birthday Club winners as well as using their information for the purposes of providing ongoing marketing and information to our members with products that may be suitable to them based on their membership. If an entrant does not wish for the Promoter to use their information in this way, they cannot become a member of the club.
Who can become a member?
- Membership is open to all children aged 12 years and under at the time of joining, who are permanent residents of the Lockyer Valley region; except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies.
- Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
- Entrants must obtain the prior permission of their parent/legal guardian to be eligible to join the Little Leader Birthday Club. The Promoter may require any such member’s parent or legal guardian to sign a release at the Promoter’s discretion in which the parent or legal guardian accepts responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release will include the parent or legal guardian’s full name and signature. Failure to agree to the release and provide these details will invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. If a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- All members must have consent from their parent or legal guardian prior to joining the Little Leader Birthday Club.
- Parents/legal guardians must complete the Membership Form available in The Laidley Plainland Leader.
- Members must have their parent/legal guardian collect any prizes from the Gatton Star office on their behalf.
Birthday Club Birthday Draws
- Each member of the Birthday Club in 2018 will have their Birthday acknowledged in the Birthday Club page on the week of their Birthday.
- Birthday listings cover monthly Birthdays and are printed on the Laidley Plainland Leader Birthday page monthly.
- Each month, one Birthday will be selected at random from all birthdays occurring in that month, with those members announced in the Birthday section of the Birthday Club page. These members will receive a voucher for a family pass to Darling Downs Zoo, RRP $95.00 each (inclusive of GST); this includes:
- A Family Pass to visit Darling Downs Zoo;
- The winners must collect their voucher within one month of notification of being selected or the vouchers will become invalid and no replacement or extension will be granted on the vouchers;
- Winners should refer to the expiry date provided on their voucher;
- Members should check the Birthday column of the Little Leaders page, to see if they are a winner;
- The winners must collect their prize accompanied by a parent/legal guardian from the Gatton Star office, 45 North Street, Gatton Qld.
- Entrants may enter the competition by collecting and completing the entry form for the relevant competition, and colour-in the entry; then place in an envelope addressed to Little Leaders Colouring-in Competition; then:
- Send or deliver to: The Gatton Star, 45 North Street, Gatton Qld 4343.
- Entrants must provide personal information to enter the competition, including (but not limited to) full name, address, postcode, telephone number, email address and parental permission to complete their entry.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, all member prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise because of accepting the prize.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
- All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or another organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
- In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
- Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any prize that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
Draw and Notification of winning Members
- If any draw of winning memberships is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter in to correspondence regarding the winning membership results or any other decisions the Promoter makes about the Promotion.
- The winners will be notified by telephone within two days of the draw. The winner’s details will be published on the Little Leaders Membership Page the following month after the draws.
- Prizes will be awarded to the member’s parent/legal guardian. Members may not collect any prizes unaccompanied.
- Should a member’s contact details change, it is the member’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information on a membership should be directed to the Promoter (see Clause 1).
Further Terms and Conditions
- Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend any membership if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the club or any competition held by the Club. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the membership process or any other aspect of this membership.
- If any prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting any prize that the member must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants (where specified). If a prize is returned to the Promoter because it could not be delivered to the address provided, the Promoter cannot guarantee that it will be able to resend the prize to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Promoter acknowledges that the entrant may own intellectual property rights (including copyright) in any material created or otherwise submitted to the Promoter in connection with the entrant’s entry or participation in any aspect of the promotion (Works). The entrant does not transfer their intellectual property rights to the Promoter by submitting an entry. The entrant hereby grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide licence to use the Works (including modifying, adapting or publishing the Works, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all, to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and reproduce, the photo(s), including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts) for the sole purpose of running the promotion, promoting and celebrating the promotion and future promotions and agrees that the Promoter may assign and/or sublicense the Works to third parties for this same purpose. Should the Promoter wish to use an entrant’s Works for any other purposes, it will contact the entrant to discuss licensing opportunities. The entrant acknowledges and agrees that neither the entrant nor any third party shall be entitled to any fee, royalty or other consideration in respect of such licence. If the entrant holds, now, or at any time in the future, any so called “droit moral” or moral rights in connection with the Works, the entrant unconditionally and irrevocably consents, for the benefit of the Promoter and all of its assignees, licensees and sub licensees to minor alterations to the Works which may be required for print or display purposes such as resizing and minor colour correction notwithstanding that such conduct may amount to derogatory treatment of the Works for the purposes of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (Copyright Act). All Entrants consent to attribution by either full name or social media handle in satisfaction of their right to attribution under the Copyright Act.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by an entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions, but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.