LEGENDS have it, you don't choose the mo, the mo chooses you.
Warwick High School teacher and hardcore moustache enthusiast Dane King couldn't agree more.
Mr King is one of the 12 teachers at the school who is supporting Movember this month.
But he won't be striving to grow his mo, because he and three other teachers have taken on a "mo-st of my life" approach and have adopted the trend permanently.
Instead, they will have their moes shaved off next week while eight other teachers nurse their moustaches into fruition.
Mr King had some advice for the lads attempting to sprout some upper lip hair.
"It's about playing to your strengths; don't try and join the dots if it's not working for you," Mr King said.
"It's all about toughness really - doing lots of push-ups, that sort of thing. It's recognising the fine art of a moustache and never put another mo down."
School organiser Sandy Brown challenged other businesses and groups to a mo-off.
"We are laying down the gauntlet to other businesses to take up the Movember challenge," Ms Brown said.
Ms Brown is organising a tapas night at The Cherry Tree, where a prize for the best mo in Warwick will be awarded.
While the date has not been confirmed, it will be at the end of November. If you're keen to get growing, here are a few handy tips from Movember and Sons. Are you are growing your mo? Let us know by phoning Georja on 4660 1316.
How to grow a mo:
- The first few days, even weeks, can be uncomfortable as your face crop beings to grow. Stay strong, stay hungry.
- A great mo comes down to good grooming.
- Nurture your mo; keep it fed, keep it watered.
How to groom a mo:
- Keep it clean. As becoming as they are, moustaches collect things and no matter how fine the food, it doesn't belong in your mo.
- Moustache hair is coarse and benefits from regular conditioning. Massage your mo with a dollop of conditioner then rinse thoroughly.
- Comb regularly.
Foods to approach with caution when sporting a new mo:
- Glass of milk.
- Irish Cream Ale, Guinness or any of the nitrogenised brews served with a fine creamy mousse.
- Spaghetti carbonara.
- Meat pie eaten with your hand.
You couldn't want for more... Set in the exquisite location of Glenvale surrounded by some of Toowoomba's exclusive real-estate this elaborate home has a fresh new...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.