The 14-year-old girl who suffered critical burns after a Laidley house fire has undergone further surgery.
A spokesperson for the McNeish family said Sarah, who turns 15 today, was having the surgery to add further grafts for her burns.
"The doctors are still working hard with her lungs, but she has only been heavily sedated and not in an induced coma which is a great improvement," the spokesperson said.
"Sarah has also been receptive to the family and is remembering events prior to the fire."
Sarah's school, Faith Lutheran College, has rallied behind the teenager.
Faith Lutheran College principal Janelle Anderson said the college was currently in the process of organising fundraisers for the family.
"A number of our students are making great plans for fundraising events and it is inspirational to see the spirit of our community in action," she said.
"The best contribution we can all make at the moment is still prayer and financial donations through the Westpac account that has been set up in their name."
Sarah suffered severe burns to her lower body after she was pulled from a house fire in Cooper Street on June 29.
Account Name: Mc Neish Family
Account number: 269101
Bank: Westpac Gatton
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.